4.17.2013

simon says... travel/cityscapes!

Hiya, stampy peeps! Time for another Simon Says Stamp challenge!


Your participation could randomly win you a generous gift voucher to spend at the Simon Says Stamp superstore!



This week's theme is Travel and/or Cityscapes! The 'urban' trend is really big right now, and I went with a very straightforward approach to my card:


A card for a far-away friend. :) Love love LOVE this SKYLINE DIE by My Favorite Things! It's long enough to cover the full width of a card, even at landscape orientation! And the buildings are large enough to get crisp, window detail, but still small enough to layer, which I did here. I went for that dimensional, 'buildings near and far' look by using a gradient of black/gray card stocks (THESE would work well for this). I realize that the lightest gray buildings are also the farthest, and by that token would also have to be the smallest. But I feel I achieved the look and feel I was going for. It's just a card. ;) The sentiment is from this Hero Arts set HERE (a must-have), and the heart is the smallest heart from the Simon Says Stamp Exclusive HOLIDAY SHAPES die set, covered with a spot of glossy accents.

It probably goes without saying that there are a LOT of popdots on this card, HAHA! :)

So now it's your turn! Create your travel/cityscape-themed project, and upload it HERE by 8am EST US next Wednesday (the 24th) and you could win that amazing gift voucher!


And please be sure to stop by the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog HERE to see what the rest of my wonderful teammates did for this challenge! no surprise... I am BLOWN AWAY!

Thanks for reading today... see you soon! :)





24 comments:

Jamie said...

Love this card!

Barb said...

Oh, my gosh, this is awesome, Lisa! Love the variation of color on your buildings - it adds such wonderful depth! Fabulous card!

Laura Sterckx said...

Hi Lisa! Such a beautiful card! I love love love those cityscapes and the little heart in the sentiment! I agree, the Everyday Sentiments Stamp Set from Hero Arts is definitely a must have! :)
Have a great day!

Melissa Bove said...

Fabulous card Lisa!! Just love how you did the different colors in the buildings!! Amazing!!

hugs...

Lin said...

As ever, Lisa, gorgeous design! If this was a contest, you'd be the winner :))

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Lisa :-) the whole scene is gorgeous and I love the little pop of red ,, perfect :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Kelly Latevola said...

You are AMAZing :) Love this card! It's so crisp and clean, that little pop of red is just perfect!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome die, and the layering is incredible here. Nice work.

Petti said...

Gorgeous design! Love this card!

Sue McRae said...

Such a great design Lisa, love all the layering.

Heather said...

This is absolutely stunning - brilliant work of the die and shaded beautifully. I love the sentiment!!

hugs
Heather xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

OOOOH!! That is what I literally said when I saw this card!! Love the layering,, this is gorgeous, Lisa!

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Lisa - papergrace said...

Lisa - This is simply beautiful. Love the grey tones, all the dimension, and the teeny "pop" of color. It literally took my breath away when I opened up your blog. Amazing card! ♥

~amy~ said...

♡♡super fabulous♡♡

Dixie Cochran said...

Clever, clever, clever! I love this!!!!

jintyoo7 said...

Brilliant - just how many popdots? :op

Jingle said...

I can't even tell you how much I love this card. I just love it. Lots. Lots and lots. That is all.

debby4000 said...

oh this is brilliant, love the shades of colour its so effective.
luv
Debby

Chari Moss said...

Totally love this! I love skylines and this layered one you created is the best.

Amy Kolling said...

Woot.....love the simplicity you achieved with using the cityscape die! Love!

Judy Tuck said...

What a great card. Love how you layered the buildings giving them a 3D effect.

Nora Noll said...

This is magnificent!! I LOVE how you layered the die cuts on this. So clever!!

Bonnie said...

I love how you've layered these dies! Wonderful depth with the gradient shades of gray to black!

Katherine said...

I want to feature your card for Trendy Tuesday article for the blog at Paper Crafters Library (we'll be featuring Cityscapes next week). You can ck out the blog here: http://blog.papercrafterslibrary.com/ The image of your project will credit you and link back to your blog as well. If you do not wish to be featured for this article, just let me know.

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow