9.11.2013

simon says... emboss it


Hi, friends! It's hump day again, and a new challenge is up on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!


This week the theme is Embossing! Heat or dry, or both! You choose. :) The DT also used Cuttlebug/Provocraft and/or Sizzix products on our embossed creations. If you have any items from these lines in your stash, we'd love to see you use them along with us! But they're not a required part of the challenge.

Anyway, here's my card:


I must say, it really does look better in person. LOL It looks like lace and is actually embossed vellum, fussy cut, and overlaid on to a black card base. I thought that this BEATNIK BOUQUET embossing folder was just sooo pretty, and would make for a very elegant card is embossed on THIS vellum (the heavy weight allows it to emboss with minimal tearing). I think where I goofed was fussy cutting too close to the embossed edges.. should've left a bit more of a border, I think. Plus, I just couldn't get it to photograph decently at all! Oh well... you get the idea, right? :) The banner was also embossed. I used THIS stencil from the September '13 card kit, ran it through with an embossing mat, cut it out, and stamped the sentiment from THIS Simon Exclusive set, which I thought fit pretty well with the shape of the stencil!

Whew! OK, so now it's your turn: upload your embossed (whether heat or dry) creation HERE by 8am EDT next Wednesday (the 18th), and you'll be included in a random drawing for a very generous gift voucher to use at Simon Says Stamp!


Thanks for reading today! I'm sorry I didn't get that card kit project posted last Thursday... after my post, my husband's work schedule for the rest of the week completely changed, which of course threw MY schedule totally off. Between my daughter's birthday and our 20th anniversary, plus trying to get the new school year planned and organized, him adding to the chaos by rearranging his work hours at the last minute certainly did not help. LOL Long story short, I am catching up. :)

See you soon! ♥






12 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) the design is stunning and I am sure it looks even more beautiful IRL :-) Very elegant card :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lisa :-) the design is stunning and I am sure it looks even more beautiful IRL :-) Very elegant card :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Laura Sterckx said...

Fantastic card, Lisa! The vellum piece really looks like real lace! It's very fun that you combined the stencil with the Tilted Banners stamp set! :)

Heather said...

Fabulous card Lisa, such a pretty design, both stunning and elegant at the same time. I know it would look so much more beautiful IRL!!!

hugs
Heather xx

Lin said...

Really neat effect, Lisa, it does look like lace!

Lin said...

Really neat effect, Lisa, it does look like lace!

Unknown said...

I love how you embossed on vellum, very creative!

vic said...

this is so pretty and elegant beautiful card!!
hugs
vic

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Gorgeous embossing folder!! I love the design, great card! :)

*mwah*
Steph
Simon Says Stamp!

Melissa Bove said...

So strikingly beautiful Lisa! Just gorgeous!!

hugs...

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, such gorgeous embossing x

GrĂ¡ O'Neill said...

Beautiful card, I love embossed vellum :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments... they truly make my day! :)

 
Blog design by Little Grey Willow